|Almond Fresh Berry Trifle|
(NC)—Take advantage of summer's berry bounty and assemble this super easy dessert. For more great recipes, visit www.almond–fresh.com.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
1. Simmer over medium heat: 1½ cup (375 mL) Almond Fresh, honey, orange peels and salt.
2. To remaining Almond Fresh, whisk in cornstarch until dissolved. Stir into heating mixtures.
3. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and stir/simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add in orange liqueur.
4. Pour into bowl, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
5. Just before serving, slice angel food cake into 1” cubes.
6. Into parfait or large wine glasses, layer with ½ cup (125 mL) cake, ½ cup (125 mL) berries and ½ c (125 mL) pudding. Repeat.
7. Garnish with fresh berries and serve.